Protection Against Violence
- If any individual touches someone else without the consent, it can be referred to as physical violence.
- Both boys as well as girls are vulnerable to abuse.
- It is a myth that the abusers are mostly strangers. Mostly the abusers are someone known to the person who gets abused. E.g. relatives, neighbors, house workers etc.
- To assume that violence can only be physical is not correct. It can also be psychological or emotional.
- Young people who face abuse often start to blame themselves for the abuse which is not correct, the responsibility of the abuse is always on abuser.
- In case of abuse, young people should immediately get support from trustworthy elder, Silence should never be an option.
- Young people should be aware about good, bad and secret touches so that they can protect themselves.