- Puberty refers to age where young people go through rapid physical and psychological changes.
- These changes are a natural process and are early signs of transformation from a young person to an adult.
- In girls these changes can start anywhere from the ages of 9 to 17.
- On the basis of health, environment and food these changes can occur at different ages in young girls.
- Physical changes in girls may include menstruation, hair growth on body parts, oily skin, pimples, acne and breast growth.
- During menstruation bleeding may occur from 2 to 8 days with discomforts including cramps, backache, and fatigue.
- In case of extreme pain, excessive flow of blood or irregular cycles a gynecologist must be consulted.
Committed to changing lives