- Gender describes the differences created by the society between males and females.
- Gender differences can be changed as they are created by the society.
- Gender equality refers to a state where there is no discrimination on the basis of a person’s sex in the allocation of resources and in the access to various services in the society.
- Gender equity involves fairness in representation, participation and benefits offered to all genders.
- Narrowly defined gender norms can often limit the rights, opportunities and capabilities of women and young girls resulting in discrimination, exploitation or inequality. Transgenders, Boys and young men can also face such challenges.
- Gender based violence could be physical, psychological or a mix of both.
- Gender equity refers to the strategies to achieve gender equality.
Committed to changing lives