- Communication is expression of thoughts, emotions, feelings and opinions.
- Some individuals fail to assert for their rights due to lack of communication skills.
- Three basic styles of communication include passive, aggressive and assertive.
- Individuals with passive communication style talk about their rights in an apologetic way.
- Aggressive communication is a style in which individuals express their feelings and opinions and advocate for their needs in a way that violates the rights of others.
- Assertive communication is a style in which individuals express their feelings and opinions and firmly advocate for their right without violating the rights of others.
- Assertive style is usually most effective communication style however it does not mean that it always solves the problem.